Thursday, 8 July 2010

I guess you got used to me posting every now and then (approx once in a month now). I would like to post more often but somehow this way of challenging myself is not working anymore.
I am giving myself time now, take time not to do anything, take time to do what I feel like doing (which often means "nothing") but I guess that's how it's got to be. Thank you all for still visiting my blog and leaving your kind comments. I stopped promising myself to do more sketches, more posts as that only put me off from doing it. I realized that there are certain things in life that I cannot control even though I've read tones of books how to get myself started, motivated, more creative. Sometimes I just have to trust my body and my mind and live my life my way.

I went to Santo Domingo in Dominican Republic again this year. As on all business trips..not much time for sketching but at least I had some time to walk around and take some pictures.
I really like this wall as it has such a lovely pallet of colours - warm and pinkish:)
It's a wall of Catedral Primada de les Americas - Santo Domingo.
              

This portrait is from Itzick flickr page - amazing range of portraits! I would love to draw them all:)


This is a sketch from my busy workplace. My highlighters...not really original. All of them have the same size and shape - my sketch is just not too precise:)
Joy Journal: "Life, as it unfolds slowly and unexpectedly."

3 comments:

AK said...

The wall was very interesting, nice colors and nice composition.

Odd Chick said...

You really nailed that wall and your watercolor enhanced it and didn't steal a thing from the beautiful sketch. I sometimes find that once I begin to paint, I sometimes rob the drawing of its original beauty. You seem to be to always blend the two and come out with something very sophisticated.

Dena Wilton said...

I thought you might be inspired to draw some of the faces in these photos.

http://vivianmaier.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© All images, text and ideas remain the copyright of Aneta Szkudlarek
Please do not copy or use in any format without the written permission of the artist.

Inspiration

Loading...

Visitors