Tuesday, 31 March 2009

EDM #138 "Draw something soft"

Have you ever hold in your hands a small chicken like these three? These are the softest creatures ever:) That's my sketch for EDM #138 "Draw something soft". As soon as I finished this one I thought of a bigger scale painting (and I guess emerging Easter has something to do with these three down there:))
Moleskine sketchbook, Barclays pen (freebie), colour markers
Mixed media, printing ink, acrylics, pencil HB, A2 size

The last one is a portrait from advert I've mentioned in one of the previous posts People Don't Grow Old Like They Used To. His face seems so expressive to me, I couldn't resist to sketch it.

Moleskine sketchbook, Barclays pen (freebie)

Joy Journal: "doing some housework, it helps to take the stress out".

14 comments:

Shirley said...

The chicks are so cute and I can just imagine how soft they are. Wonderful interpretation of the challenge.

Ann said...

Your faces continue to amaze me. And those chicks! I especially like the bottom, mixed media composition - it's wonderful!

Jennifer Lawson said...

Love the mixed media chicks. Great technique!

bubblemunch said...

The mixed media chicks look so real, ruffled and fluffy.

You're amazing with your freebie black biro!!

Lynn said...

Those chicks are gorgeous! They look so fluffy, especially in the mixed media one.

kazumiwannabe said...

Your portraits are incredible, so expressive! Love the two chicken pieces, they're both beautiful. Your lines and colors are fabulous!

Odd Chick said...

I love the mixed media piece! It's fantastic -i love how you portrayed the softness of the chicks in the soft lines and textures. They have so much character!!

clare said...

Wonderful works!

clare said...

Wonderful works!

Shelly McC said...

Cutest chicks, Great drawings!

Anthony said...

These are really beautiful. I like the different techniques on the same subject; and the man's face is great too.

john.p said...

Those chicks just capture me. I can just hear the little chirping they make. I can see a lot of thought in the composition, with the eyes drawn to the center eye. Never understood chicken feet, though. For such a soft cute bird the scaled armor plated indestructible feet just seem wrong.

Patrice said...

Came to visit and fell in love with your chicks and drawing skills!

Pembelajaran SD said...

I like the different techniques on the same subject.
Regard, Pembelajaran SD.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© All images, text and ideas remain the copyright of Aneta Szkudlarek
Please do not copy or use in any format without the written permission of the artist.

Inspiration

Loading...

Visitors