Saturday, 28 February 2009

Face a Day #4

Amy Johnson CBE, (1 July 19035 January 1941) was a pioneering English aviatrix. Flying solo or with her husband, Jim Mollison, Johnson set numerous long-distance records during the 1930s. Johnson flew in the Second World War as a part of the Air Transport Auxiliary where she died during a ferry flight.



pencil HB, 4B & 8B, 1 hour


I haven't got a scanner at the moment, but on Monday I'll try to scan this drawing and the previous one as the quality of originals is better than what you can see here:)


Joy Journal: "an offer (will say more about it in time:)"

4 comments:

vanya'sArt said...

I like to visit your blog although I've never left a comment before.Maybe I like it because when I read it it feels like I live my dream.I always wanted to go to art school but life was always in the way and it never happened.So I enjoy to read your blog and watch you grow,I like your drawings and sketches and I wish you to fulfill your dreams.I. have a question to you.Do you use fixative when you are finished with your drawing?

kazumiwannabe said...

Very cool lady, and you made her look awesome! I just went through your latest posts, what a fantastic gallery of portraits! They all look alive, they have a soul. Wonderful work!

Anetka said...

Thank you Girls for your kind words.

Vanya,
When I finish a drawing I usually use the cheapest hairspray instead of fixative...hope it helps:)

vanya'sArt said...

Thank you ,Anetka,I have never thought about that-to use hairspray.I have to try it.Thanks for the idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© All images, text and ideas remain the copyright of Aneta Szkudlarek
Please do not copy or use in any format without the written permission of the artist.

Inspiration

Loading...

Visitors