Friday, 10 October 2008

Visual Studies, Credit Crunch

Have you heard about credit crunch in America, so now it's knocking to our doors...UK.

I am not political at all - in the matter of fact I don't know a person who know less about politics than me, so you might be suprised...
Visual Studies tutor asked us to respond to the theme "Crisis in the Credit System". It's our project now. I'm making a political caricature...
i came across an article in a newspaper and saw this picture, I decided to try and make a caricature (don't laugh it's the first time I've done that:) ok you can laugh:)


the scanned copy is not of good quality (women says: "Credit Crisis? - Let's go shopping, when we come back it should all be over."). More visible on my flickr.


I got some books from library ("Masters of Caricature from Hogarth and Gillray to Scarfe and Levine" and "Celebrity Caricature in America") today and really liked caricature byGeorge Benjamin Luks (1867-1933), so I copied a part of it:


it's amazing what you can learn from the masters!!!


Now I have to go and read upon it...Credit Crisis, figures just make it all so difficult...or maybe it's just more convinient and easy to stay away from all of these things...although lack of knowledge doesn't mean that problem doesn't exist.

Joy Journal: "Nad waiting for me at home."

3 comments:

Odd Chick said...

I think you nailed the project and with just enough satire. I've always been curious about caricature.. maybe now I'll have the courage to try.

kazumiwannabe said...

Love your caricature! It made me laugh, but it was supposed to make that effect, no? The one you copied is great, too, well done. Your school program seems very interesting!

Starr said...

I'm laughing because it's funny! I've always been interested in caricature, but another one of those projects that scares me. You are stunningly talented! As for politics, I've been ignorant up until this election (because I've been forced to learn)...so don't feel bad!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© All images, text and ideas remain the copyright of Aneta Szkudlarek
Please do not copy or use in any format without the written permission of the artist.

Inspiration

Loading...

Visitors