Wednesday, 13 August 2008

Finished

I guess it's time for me to call this drawing finished. I've been debating on...what is it that make you call the drawing finished. I mean for me it might be finished for others it might be missing something, few more touches.

maybe it's when you are really fed up with the drawing and you don't really want to play with it any more? What do you think? The most important thing for me is avoiding procrastination, that's all.

We have got the keys to our new house now:) so apart from cleaning it every day, I've got my holidays coming:) On Saturday morning we are flying to Prague for 5 days. I am so busy at work and after work, that I haven't even done the plan what I want to see (and sketch of course) but I know the main attractions so I will just start off with it. Well, I will just have to take it easy as I want to enjoy it, not rush, rush, rush it.

this one is another sketch from the bus:)


and I even managed to sketch my friend Neethu (actually only her hand), she's the one I am training to take over my position at work.

last sketch is my Mum reading a book. I find it really difficult to sketch her, I mean to achieve the likeliness...


Joy Journal: " having a good Prague guide in hand"

11 comments:

Starr said...

I think all of them are perfection. You are so busy, so I definitely have no excuse after reading your blog. LOL! Your friend is going to love the portrait. Love, Love the sketches of your mum too. Lovely! I didn't get out of bed yesterday, but today I am determined. Have a fabulous day.

Alan said...

Glad your blog is back and working again. Have fun in Prague. Another one of the places I would love to visit myself. As a former history major at university it is hard to go anyplace in Europe and not run into history.

PamYla said...

Hi ANetka,
YOu know that Im a fan of your awesome work! Everything looks great. I love the little girl she is done be autifully with the various shades and fullness of range in her. I think that most times to me 'finished' is when I cannot stand it anymore and when it seems that Im overdoing the piece

Kathleen said...

Have a wonderful trip I can't wait to see your travel sketches - Love the work cubicle with hand on mouse and your mom sketches -

Shirley said...

Loved seeing your sketches - have a great trip and share ALL of your travel sketches with us!

Laurie said...

So glad your blog is working again. I love reading it and your art is just outstanding!

Have a wonderful trip.

simplyred said...

I would so love to visit Prague. I've never been across the "pond" and would love to visit Europe and East Europe.

Your drawings are so special. Keep them coming. I hope to visit Prague through some of your great sketches!

Ernie

Katy said...

Excellent drawing! Shading effectively still eludes me, but you've done a great job. Have a wonderful trip!

Ann said...

All of your sketches are wonderful and the portrait is beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing your travel sketches - have a great trip!

odd chick said...

hey, where are you? I'm missing my "progress.. not perfection". Hope everything's good with you. love this drawing - her little eyes are almost haunting

kazumiwannabe said...

Love all your sketches - and this little girl portrait is wonderful. she's very cute and I love her childish pose and expression!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© All images, text and ideas remain the copyright of Aneta Szkudlarek
Please do not copy or use in any format without the written permission of the artist.

Inspiration

Loading...

Visitors