Thursday, 21 August 2008

Coming back to reality is very painful… it is for me after a beautiful holiday in Prague. This city, is just amazing!!! Did you know that Hitler fallen in love with Prague (he was a painter btw) and that’s why he forbidden to bombard it during the WW II? In every corner you can find history, art and what I liked the most is ARTISTS – all kinds of them!!
Actors, painters, drawers, singers, musicians – they all coexist one next to the other making this place unforgetful experience. At first when I saw their beautiful paintings, how they perform I just got smaller with my confidence. Thought, that I am so far behind comparing to their talent, their craft but right then I thought that if I want to become like them I have to start somewhere, and beginning is not a bad place to startJ
So I took out my sketchbook, first in the safetiness of my hotel room







and then out on the streetsJ



I was really shy when other tourist and passerby's where stopping and looking over my shoulders on the work progress, standing there even for 5 min…

Apart from this, the most important thing I’ve learnt (or I’ve realized) during my stay in Prague is that while watching all these tourists coming there like ocean waves, only a few of them will come back home with such a treasure like I do – individual, my own picture of Prague - my own sketches.
And I think that’s what paintings are all about, that’s what creativity is all about, it’s about individual interpretation of world which surrounds all of us. I’ve got this urge, this desire to show the world to the other people the way I see it.

We spent 5 days in Prague - first 3 days we spent on walking, walking, walking as I wanted to see as much as. The other two were just easy days when we could easly find our way and just go again to see places we liked the most (Old Town Squere, Charles Bridge...). I could focus on sketching more:)


Joy Journal: "there is this Man who stands beside me always ready to support me and encourage me. Thank you:*"

28 comments:

Janice said...

Lovely work - you are so right, your travel sketchbook will recall wonderful memories.

Betty said...

In the words that accompany your lovely, lovely sketches, you describe exactly what travel should make someone feel! It sounds as though your vacation was perfect, and the sketches that you made will help that always be a special memory!!!

Nad said...

I aint talking.... I don't know what to say............
There is no mention of me.
Thank you for company my seetheart.
Lovely work. You are my inspiration.

Borromini Bear said...

Wow! Fantastic sketches... I was in Prague last year for three days and did a bit of sketching too (there on my flickr...though I would try to do even more if I was there now) and I also just happen to be working on my photo album form Prague listening to Smetana's beautiful czech music right now as I look at your sketches! Hows that for special!!!

E-J said...

I have visited Prague twice - it's a beautiful city and you've captured it so well in these sketches! Lovely!

PNH said...

What a wonderful memory you have. I took my daughter on a trip to Europe and made her a journal using the folded paper type. Your pictures are very good,and I'm sure the lookers were pleased with what they saw.

Lisalou said...

Good heavens! You are crazy good!!
Lisa

Sandy said...

Wow, how lovely, thank you for the mini tour and history lesson!

Sarah M said...

Beautiful sketches, beautiful blog entry! I would love to visit Prague someday and your words and pictures have reinforced that desire.

June said...

Those are just amazing sketches! All of them! I feel as if I had had a short visit. It is too bad you couldn't stay longer; I can see you were very inspired. June

Kunstrxns said...

these are great! and the reason people stayed watching is that it is a pleasure to watch someone who is good at what they are doing work.

Minerva said...

Your drawings are great! Thanks for sharing the experience :) It's always nice to read about travel impressions.

ffyrebird said...

Lovely journal entry and amazing sketches!! You are so very talented, you shouldn't worry about comparing yourself to other artists. I'm sure the people watching you work were in awe just as I am!!

Carol said...

Beautiful...

Shirley said...

These are wonderful travel sketches - they make me want to visit Prague! You did a fabulous job and seemed to have quickly moved out of the safety of your hotel room!

Starr said...

These are absolutly stunning Anetka!!!!! What a wonderful memory. I am very jealous of your trip...in a good way:-)! I am so glad you are back though. I am selfish:-)! You were definitely missed!! I am on my way to the park and farmer's market and I am going to get some sketching done. Like you said...you got to start somewhere.

Deb said...

Beautiful, beautiful! You've made me want to visit!

john.p said...

Now THAT'S enough perspective workout to fry you brain! Great Job. Your blog text tie it all together well. Glad to see others like travel journaling, too.

simplyred said...

Wow. Just wow! These are gorgeous renditions of what must be a beautiful city. How special to be able to see it through your eyes and your drawings. They feel so real and alive. Beautiful work. I want to see more!!

Ernie
Gypsy Gold Studio

Kathleen said...

Absolutely lovely - Your architectural stuff is impressive and as always I really enjoy reading your blog - you have a great perspective on life and learning- thanks for sharing

Rock Kyndl said...

These travel sketches are what it's all about. Makes me want to go somewhere.
Nice work...really nice.

Kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kazumiwannabe said...

Oh la la these drawings are awesome! I can understand why the people would stop and watch you draw - you did a wonderful collection here! I've always wanted to visit Prague too, seems like a very beautiful and interesting place.

odd chick said...

I love the green you used in the top picture and lines in the sky and the dome! I love that you record your life with a visual journal and then share it with us- so much more personal than photographs. And I love that you are so brave, in the face of better artists, in the public eye, and in general, in your life.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful rememberance for you!! Thank you for sharing! I'm sure your journal is every bit as lovely as any of the artists YOU observed! deni.......;)

Ann said...

Beautiful sketches!

petescully said...

very nice prague drawings, especially the greens on the roofs. Prague's cool. I wish i'd drawn more when there.

David Partida said...

thanks for the post on my page!!! Oh I almost forgot...amazing stuff in your sketch book.....I look foward to seeing more of your stuff
~David

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© All images, text and ideas remain the copyright of Aneta Szkudlarek
Please do not copy or use in any format without the written permission of the artist.

Inspiration

Loading...

Visitors