Tuesday, 15 July 2008

murder attempt... & EDM #92

same old, same old...I guess one more post and I'll call it done!
didn't have much time to work on it since last (Hancock) post only 20 min, so I worked his hat out a little:)

Since I haven't posted EDM Challange for a long, long time...I thought I'll make some effort. Well, with a few minutes in my hand I've done a quick sketch of a paper bag...my favourite shop for t-shirts and t-shirts that you can just wear once and then through it away if you feel like it! Primark. I must admit that I also like big bags from this shop because they seem to be able to contain all my sketchbooks, notebooks, books, and watercolours and pencils, and....etc.
The bag is quite heavy and its a good exercise for my shoulders to carry it to and from work.



Yesterday during my lunch break I was finishing a sketch and I saw this bee flying around. First I thought "she" is really stubborn and is trying to attack me. After 10 min of a real battle with my sketchbook in hands trying to convince her to go away...I gave up. I must admit I had this thoughts of murdering her with a cold blood...but I said to myself "what the hell"...I got up from the bench I was sitting on and sat on the grass. Imagine my suprise when the bee sat on the bench and found her way home through a small whole I was sitting on all this time...(you can see a small arrow pointing the whole:)

Sometimes things are not as they seem to be...

Yesterday I got my first Moleskine Sketchbook!! It's so nice (with no perforations) and it's smaller than my usuall sketchbooks, and also it's landscape orientation!!!
Now with all these good things coming up, my head is still filled with the ideas on my project that I've been talking and talking, and talking about all this time "Introduction". I just have this overwealming fear that I am not capable of introducing myself in drawings, photos and writing...come on, it should be the simplest thing ever...

Maybe I just got used to watercolours...you see even if something looks dull at first place and then you splash some colours it becomes alive to me...
End of mourning session for today. I've done a bit of writing, came with this "Idea" 100 things about me.

At the moment I am writing in Polish (since I am Polish) and I thing as the project progresses I am going to start adding English words and then finish with English only pages. Introduction of me...Polish Girl in London, trying to live her dreams:)
Joy Journal: "Moleskine Sketchbook!!"

9 comments:

Starr said...

Thanks Anetka. And Kudos to you. You have been doing a lot of great work! Love the bee story. It put a smile on my face:)! I am so primed to get to work. And as soon as I can get my hands on 'creative license' I will read it. I'm addicted. I have always loved your blog. You are definitely an inspiration. I think your work is Perfection:)!

Spinneretta said...

I think your hancock is coming along really well! I love the bee journal entry!

petescully said...

good stuff! i just opened my third moleskine watercolour book, i can't seem to get enough of them. Even though the landscape makes it hard to hold when out sketching in the street.

Kathleen said...

Anetka your hancock portrait is fabulous - So glad you saved the bee - you don't look like a murderer to me

SCquiltaddict said...

oh poor you and poor bee...what a day that must have been ...both of you traumatized!!!

kazumiwannabe said...

Your Hancock porttrait is awesome! The other sketches are great too and I totally love the bee story. Great philosophy!

brushworker said...

Anetka-Thanks! I enjoy hearing that others enjoy my work, particularly the figures as I find them to be challenging work. I like your approach to sketching; moleskin is something I've thought about indulging myself with and it would be handy. I lug around a 9x11 hard cover book and find it cumbersome at times. But, what is EDM? Talk to you again!

Just because said...

You're my hero! I love your work and your persistence and your perseverence. Everyone has an artist inside screaming inside to get out and you let yours loose!

Thanks for bringing some beauty into the world.

Mark

Lisalou said...

Good heavens---you are so talented and prolific!
Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© All images, text and ideas remain the copyright of Aneta Szkudlarek
Please do not copy or use in any format without the written permission of the artist.

Inspiration

Loading...

Visitors