Monday, 21 July 2008

I suppose it's so called creative block. It comes to me every time I think about my summer project which is "Introduction". To those who haven't read about it yet...it's a project I have to prepare for my first day at Foundation Course at Kingston Uni.

I know I still have some time and I also realize that as always - I leave everything till the last minute - apparently this time is no different.
Maybe I like working under preasure...

but what I think is that I don't really know how to introduce myself...what to say? if there is anything to say...how to show/present myself to a group of people that I don't know???
The truth is that I am terrified.

I started my sketchbook which I'm currenly filling in with words, words and photos...words and photos from the world that I left so long ago...I have to start somewhere so I start with words about the "time" I was born and rised. Does it sound like it has at least a little bit of sense?? or does it sound like I don't really know what I am doing???
Neverthless it was really good to go back to these times, I mean I was born when Poland was under Russian occupation and it was a comunist country at that time. First thing I remember is rushing everywhere, no colours, no choice, no freedom.

The project is to depict yourself in a series of sketchbooks, pictures, drawings and words...and the final piece needs to be on A1 format but at the moment I haven't got a slightes clue on where to start...and where to go.
So I start from the beginning and hope that it will lead me somewhere...
in the meantime I swaped a bus for my bike and in the morning around 7.20 am you can watch me cycling to work and then back from work stopping from time to time...to sketch a church view...


I haven't done much this weekend so I am glad at least I've done a sketch on Sat - while coming back from shopping with my Mum...she had a break for cigarette and me...a break for a sketch. We both recharged our batteries I suppose:)

Joy journal: "a bookshelf Nad fixed in the living room".

2 comments:

vicki said...

This is a pretty cool assignment & I think you're on the right track. When you're finished & look back at the whole I think you'll be surprised at what you find! Introductions are always difficult but everyone else will be feeling the same way.

kazumiwannabe said...

Great sketches, the second one with the road is awesome! I'm sure you'll do great with your assignment ; Vicky is right, it's normal to feel nervous! It just means you want to do things right!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© All images, text and ideas remain the copyright of Aneta Szkudlarek
Please do not copy or use in any format without the written permission of the artist.

Inspiration

Loading...

Visitors