Tuesday, 1 July 2008

end of dark era

Ok, oh, ok! I am learning, learning, learning how to achieve texture using different shades of green for example. Sometimes I can work it out, but sometimes it’s very difficult and my sketches look flat…
I also found out that adding colour after I come home makes my sketches dull, If I add colour there and then they seem to be more vibrant and lively:)


and also, I am so proud of myself - I've managed to attand 90% of my evening classes through out last 10 months!!! The thing with me is that I am good in starting things off...but finishing...
oh well...but I am working on it!:)

another lunch break sketch, couldn't resist - every time I see buildings from unusual perspective I feel like sketching, drawing, painting them! I was going through some interesting posts on EDM Group forum...and I've realised one thing - sketching is just giving yourself permission to be happy, engaged and focused in that very moment that you want to sketch.

I remember every time I said "NO" to my inner aritst when IT screamed at me to stop for 10 min and sketch and enjoy the moment! So whan I've realized that, I've decided to do it. To stop at least one time a day when I hear my ARTIST scream and put down on the paper, in my sketchbook whatever it was that made my ARTIST feel light again:) I hope one day IT won't have to scream at me, I hope one day IT will take over because I know my life will be more simple and more balanced.

last thing - by doing it (by stopping and giving myself time to enjoy) I gain more respect for myself, for my own thoughts, for the way I am...I understand more of myself and can see that I have to stand for myself.

If I won't register what I see, how I feel...it will fade away because noone else will do it for me. It's about journaling my own life.

Joy journal: "what a lovely weather!!"

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Love the depth and perspective of this sketch, great work.

Shirley said...

Lovely painting - and I really enjoyed your written entry. So often my inner artist screams "Stop and sketch" and my internal critic says "That's too hard for you." That's when I really have to push myself and I'm usually really happy that I did stop and did sketch! I agree that this is just for you.

Ann said...

What a great post and a lovely sketch!

Alan said...

well done my friend

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

This is really great, as are the last few posts. Great stuff.

Kathleen said...

words and sketches are so nice - Your joy journal is special and touching -

Anita Davies said...

Great perspective and depth, you certainly have a handle on those greens.
BTW...Have I ever told you that I LOVE the name of your blog?
Well....I do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© All images, text and ideas remain the copyright of Aneta Szkudlarek
Please do not copy or use in any format without the written permission of the artist.

Inspiration

Loading...

Visitors