Thursday, 10 July 2008

early morning

Not that you'll be able to tell anything from this sketch, I mean I went too small on it so couldn't add enough details, or...did I put too many details in the existing sketch??? This way or the other...you learn from your mistakes
this is perfect example of a sketch that started right but I finished it in a rush not giving it enough patience or attention and care. It happens usually on Mondays when I go out on my lunch break to sketch. I just start and cannot find peace in me...my mind is occupied by visions that other people are looking at me, thinking what I am doing, that I am not good at all etc... it also happens when I don't have an idea what to sketch...as long as I've got things planned I am ok...
so I am posting this disasterous sketch...to remind myself that next time...just take your time and stop caring what others say.
It will come with a time:)

I wasn't drunk when I was sketching...it's just that people were disturbing me, asking, judging...I am not used to it yet, so just decided to carry on. When I finished I felt so bad...you know like I let myself down because when they were talking I just wanted to close my sketchbook and run far, far away from them! You can see it all in my sketch.

I think when I'm relaxed and feel confident my sketches come out "properly" I mean I am there, in my sketch and each line is a reflection not only what I see but also what I feel. When I've got people around my feelings and perception get distorted somehow...

having break from Hancock drawing (I am at the last stage) quick sketches in the morning:)

sitting in the living room in the morning (5.30 am) with my cup of coffee I sketched one "corner" of it:)



my Mums temporary bed (folded)

quick (3 min) sketch of my Mum sleeping:)

Joy Journal: "bean soup for lunch, made the day before:)"

6 comments:

odd chick said...

Anetka,
I know just what you mean about struggling to sketch in a crowd. Remember my fourth of July picnic? Sometimes, though, like any craft or sport, or musical ability, I think it may be good for us to "play" in front of someone. Can we still perform under pressure? It is a matter of our mind. Learning to go to that peaceful place even when everything around us is chaos. Good practice I think. And your sketch was not as smooth as most, but still very good

Tammie Lee said...

Hi Anetka,
It is interesting how sketching in public seems to be an invitation for folks to come up and have a peak. Enjoying doing art is not so different than reading a book and folks don't usually come up and say what are you reading? Maybe the world should get more friendly. Ha

I still loved your sketch.

Thank you for reading 'deer heart' and your lovely response, you made my morning!

Gillian said...

I really like your style and use of colour. So vibrant.
Thanks for your welcome comment on my blog. x

SCquiltaddict said...

I see you finally caught your mom...lovely job on it ...all your work is so fresh and immediate...I gave you an award on my blog. Don't feel like you have to participate unless you want to :)

kazumiwannabe said...

I gave you an award too! :) Love your morning sketches of your mum and home. The outside sketch is really interesting, because there are some great parts in it and some that really feel nervous. It's so hard to forget about the others (and about what we imagine they are thinking!)

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

great

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© All images, text and ideas remain the copyright of Aneta Szkudlarek
Please do not copy or use in any format without the written permission of the artist.

Inspiration

Loading...

Visitors