Monday, 7 July 2008

again I feel anger inside (caused by not drawing and painting)...wonder if anyone else has got it? I become unbearable mooooddddyyyy if you know what I mean. Nothing is able to calm me down but pencil or pen in my hand and paper...
once I paint then I can do anything with joy - and stop being miserable...
anyway, where could I spend my weekend? Of course, my flat and putting stuff away again. Kitchen was the worst so I thougth I start there. Saturday and Sunday it took me to clean:) but it's clean")
On Friday we went to see the movie "Hancock", and as for Will Smith I think the older he is the better he becomes:) the film was just what I needed, full of promise:) and fantasy:) and emotions:) so I charged my inner artist and She is ok for a while:)
there is something about this picture, that I've decided to draw it (while drawing I came across all different kind of emotions and moods starting from DISAPOINTMENT AND DISCOURAGEMENT through euphoria, and enjoyment) and I've learnt that the more patient I am the better it works for my drawing:)


still work in progress (WIP) but I am going to finish it:)
this evening I even managed to pop downstairs to the garage and find (in the darkness with no torch) my colour pencils and cooking book (with my favourites recipes!!) and a small lamp.
Weather...you wouldn't like to be here...heavy (I mean HEAVY) rains!!!

Joy Journal: "Cindy Crawford workout :)"

8 comments:

kazumiwannabe said...

It looks awesome already! I want to see that movie too. I know what you mean about feely angry and moody. Drawing is one of the most soothing and centering activity I've ever practiced.

art addict said...

Anetka,
I love the drawing just as it is- the finished and the unfinished altogether. It has a great mood about it. You are very talented, and I appreciate you sharing this with us, along with your writing.

I know exactly how you feel. For some, writing does the same job, but for those of us whose first language is art, drawing and painting are what soothes the savage beast, flees away depression and lifts us up to find our best selves. Bravo to you for knowing that and for doing something about it. The results are indicative of everything you revealed in your writing. Beautiful!

SCquiltaddict said...

great job on this one...

Margaret Ann said...

Super! Love it! :) Great texture! :)

odd chick said...

The drawing is so edgy and dangerous, like he's a bad boy you want to know. Have you ever read the Artist's Way by Julia Cameron? She has a chapter (WEEK 5) that discusses artist's anger. She has a quote (by Margaret Young) I really like: "Often people attempt to live their lives backwards: they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want so that they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then, do what you need to do, in order to have what you want." Even with all you have to do, I'm so glad you create. It blesses you and all of us.

Debi said...

Whoa....it's John Hancock! Great drawing!!!! (enjoyed the movie, too)

Anetka said...

Thank you ALL for such a nice and encouraging words:) it really helps to push oneself more and more:)

Peggy,
I read Julia's Cameron the Artist's Way, I also read her other books...this book actually helped me realize what I want and who I am. I am intending to go through the 12 week course again and compare my notes and tasks:)
Thank you for reminding me how my life really works:)

Cheryl said...

Boy....do I ever relate to your angry response to lack of artistic activities. Even my boys recognize it and have taken to telling me that I should have some "studio time"...hint, hint. I like where you are going with this drawing, and it's worth the extra time now and again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© All images, text and ideas remain the copyright of Aneta Szkudlarek
Please do not copy or use in any format without the written permission of the artist.

Inspiration

Loading...

Visitors