Thursday, 22 May 2008

a small present for my Mum

In Poland "Mothers' Day" is on 26th May, so I am preparing a small painting for my Mum. Actually it will be two small paintings. Few years back, when I was still in Poland I've managed to take a few pictures of my Grandma (the thing is she never liked being photograped and never allowed anyone to do that).
I have this pictures with me and I've chosen two of them for my paintings. I hope my Mum is going to like it...

First time I am painting for someone else than me!
Ok, so first one has got the orginal picture I've taken (yes monochrome), sorry for the quality... it took me 3 hrs to paint it (it's still not finished!!) and I would appreciate any suggestions or comments...

oil on board


Joy Journal - "I've treated myself with a full box of strawberries"

5 comments:

Alan said...

This is going to make a wonderful Mother's Day gift. A beautiful painting and one with real meaning.
Well done.

Christie said...

Very nice. I don't have any suggestions, as it looks like you have this under complete control.

Hummie said...

Wow...what talent...I could never do that.

Knitting Painter Woman said...

Love the painting, love the joy journal, love the "internet fast." Glad you shared.

Rick said...

Very nice work.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© All images, text and ideas remain the copyright of Aneta Szkudlarek
Please do not copy or use in any format without the written permission of the artist.

Inspiration

Loading...

Visitors