Monday, 19 May 2008

EDM# 1 - "draw a shoe" & EDM# 58 - Draw a hat, cap or other headgear"

I went missing for a while, but now I'm back!!!

so, here it goes, although I didn't feel like drawing I've managed to draw a little. As previously
promised I am posting more "folds" to one of the challenges...the problem with folds is that it seem so easy, but then when you actually start drawing them...it's like a walk in the mountains (I mean hiking...).

So...as I got tired with folds I thought let me try something easy...oh, here it is a straw hat, can't be that difficult...it wasn't until I tried to draw it. I just said to myself "it's not your day Anetka...just try a bit later" next day I was still frustrated and same the following one. "It can't be!!" I said to myself "is it not enough that I have to fight my inner critic to even start a simple drawing? It has to be that difficult!"
Well, so there and then I've decided to help myself with something light, something that brings joy, boosts imagination and creativity so I thought of Harry Potter. Only recently I saw first part of the series.
5 min later I was in Blockbooster renting the rest of "episodes" and I've spent whole weekend watching Harry Potter:)

And I finished my weekend with finishing EDM challenge No. 1 "Draw a shoe"

Joy Journal - I treated myself with a whole series of Harry Potter films:)

9 comments:

Mary O. said...

I think you've done quite well, even though I agree that you've chosen a difficult subject. I haven't done drapery in a very long time, and I'm not sure I'll attempt it again soon!

Carol said...

They look good to me. I can't wait to see more of your drawings.

Alan said...

Your folds are working out very nicely. Keep up the good work my friend.

Anita Davies said...

You've done very well.
Welcome back...Harry Potter films are good aren't they but The Lord Of The Rings films are magnificent!

Shirley said...

Your folds are awesome!

seesue said...

Enjoying watching your 'folds' series unfold.

Margaret Ann said...

Love the shirt! :)

Betty said...

Your drawings are quite wonderful!!!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Oh, these are fabulous. I especially like the top two. The creases in the materials are very good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© All images, text and ideas remain the copyright of Aneta Szkudlarek
Please do not copy or use in any format without the written permission of the artist.

Inspiration

Loading...

Visitors