Friday, 23 May 2008

I am almost there!! & EDM # 23 "Draw your foot"

Yesterday I’ve almost finished my painting (one of two) and I am so exited about starting the second one. I haven’t got much time (need to be finished by 26/05). I didn’t finish the first one yesterday as I wanted to have a fresh look at it this morning and just contemplate on last touches.
first original photo (again, but better quality then yesterday)




than...painting

I have also noticed that while sketching I get really disappointed with my hatching and cross-hatching and if I don’t know or cannot find the way how to figure out which way to hatch…I just do it without thinking trying to fill an empty space! I get frustrated with myself, really.



But I’ve also noticed that I’ve improved my sketching since the previous sketchbook!!!
I’ve almost finished my sketchbook (I really liked it as pages are thick and good for watercolour!! Daler-Rowney 150 g/m' acid free cartridge paper (A4)), only four pages to go, plus a drawing that I am currently working on:)
Can’t wait to start a new one!
And it’s gonna be interesting as I need to prepare a series of sketches, drawings etc. for my first classes in Uni (8th of Sept). The project title "Introduction" so I have to introduce myself to a group of students that I am going to spend my next year with:)
Terrified!!! Yes, I am. But also exited and that’s the best part!!!

Here is another challenge EDM# 23 "Draw Your Foot"


Joy Journal - "going to sleep before 11 p.m.!!"

4 comments:

PamYla said...

These look great~ I love the way your painting also reflects the reference photo

Hummie said...

Wow..your painting is better than the photo! You could use your skills to hand draw digital scrapbooking elements and sell them...really!

Anetka said...

Pamyla,
thank you for you comments and positive feedback! You helped me keep the faith:)

Hummie,
I wouldn't know where to start with selling the scrapbooking elements...!!!:)
Thank you for your comment:)

Gexton said...

Striking painting, I love it. Her expression is so well captured.
This is beautiful. Really enjoyed catching up with your blog. What a great painting. There were so many amazing views - I could have painted many more too
it's very nice blog, keep wondorfull and sharing your blog.
Edmonton Painters
Painters Edmonton

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© All images, text and ideas remain the copyright of Aneta Szkudlarek
Please do not copy or use in any format without the written permission of the artist.

Inspiration

Loading...

Visitors