Friday, 7 March 2008

EDM #157 - draw a towel...and some thoughts.


it seems to me that I prefer pencil to a pen (someone once said that it's unforgiving tool). Yesterday I was trying to sketch with a pen, it was so difficult. Personally I am amazed by other people's blogs...sketches are so personal and if you ask me...I think that world looks and feels much better, more dellicate and compassionate if you see it through sketchbooks, don't you think so?
Sometimes I am so stressed out and can't see the way out, there are times I think it's the end of the world but then my sketchbook shows me another window to look out through, another door to open. When I look at world through sketchbooks I gain necessary distance and step out for a while from my own closed little room and see a bigger picture. Nothing is as bad as it seems to be, and there is always room for laugh. Because drawing and painting shows the world as I see it, there is no pretending, or posing for someone that I am not. Sketching, drawing, painting - that's the only time I am truly myself and honest with myself. Maybe that's why I find it so difficult and don't really want other people to see it.
Am I so used to pretending?

7 comments:

seesue said...

Excellent!

Quilt Knit said...

These are really nice. Glad I found your blog.
Sherrie Roberts

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

very nice drawing

Lynn said...

I like your comment that sketchbooks give us another window to look through. I agree that art can change your outlook and perspective. That towel is beautifully drawn.

Linda said...

Very interesting thoughts! I never thought about drawing and painting being so personal, and I like your line "there is no pretending, or posing". Well said!

And the towel is really well drawn, too. :-)

Just because said...

Anetka, I think your point is well taken. Art is a very personal endeavor which is why I think most people don't bother with it. It's like you're putting yourself on a piece of paper or other media. A sketchbook is really a glimpse into the mind of our artist, a place that so few of us want anyone to venture to.

thermion7 said...

Nice drawing! and even better thoughts! Problems dissolve and time stands still when I have my sketchbook and pencil...
maybe the final drawing is secondary to the escape from work, bills, relationships, medical problems and auto repair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© All images, text and ideas remain the copyright of Aneta Szkudlarek
Please do not copy or use in any format without the written permission of the artist.

Inspiration

Loading...

Visitors